List and Detail Metallic minerals in Pakistan
Copper and gold: in Reko Diq, in Balochistan, there are deposits of copper and gold. Antofagasta, the company with the Ricoh Dick field, aims at an initial production of 170,000 tons of copper and 300,000 ounces of gold per year. The project can produce more than 350,000 tons of copper and 900,000 ounces of gold per year. There are also copper deposits in Daht-e-Kuhn, Nokundi, in the district of Chaghi.
– Iron ore is found in various parts of Pakistan, including Nokundi, Chinot, Kalabagh (less than 42% quality), Haripur and other northern areas.
February 11, 2015, The Chinese Mining Cooperation Group of China finds reserves in Chinyot, about 160 km northwest of Lahore. A senior official in the provincial administration told AFP that preliminary estimates indicate the discovery of 500 million tons of iron ore, a key component of the steel industry. Iron was tested in Swiss and Canadian laboratories, which produced 60-65 percent of that high quality. The Calabar mineral deposits are one of the largest known deposits of low-quality iron ore in Pakistan, in the Mianwali area of the Sugar region, and near Saksar in the salt chain. Much work has been done in the past for the storage of Karabakh iron ore by the M/S Pakistan Mineral Development Corporation.
– Zinc: The Jurassic rocks of the Lusaila-Khuzdar belt have the capacity to host many of the world’s leading zinc ore deposits. Zinc deposits are also located in Dodar, Surmay, and Jonga, which are estimated to be over 160 million tonnes.
– Copper is a chemical element with an atomic number of 29. It is a soft, ductile and ductile material and a blood duct with very high thermal and electrical conductivity. A barely exposed surface of pure copper of a pink-orange color. Copper is used as an of the warmth of heat and electricity, as a building material and as a component of various metal alloys, such as sterling silver used in jewelry, cupronickel used in the manufacture of hardware and marine coins, Constantine used in pressure gauges and thermocouples to measure temperature.
– Calcium is a chemical element with the symbol of Ca and atomic number 20. As an alkaline metal, calcium is an interacting metal, formed by a dark layer of nitrite oxide when exposed to air. Its physical and chemical properties are much more homogeneous than strontium and barium.
– MG|Magnesium is a chemical element with the symbol Mg and atomic number 12. It is a solid material of a bright grey color that is closely related to the other five elements of the second column (group 2, or alkaline-earth metals) of the periodic table.
– Chromiumite is an iron oxide metal oxide. It has a chemical formula of FeCr2O4. It is a mineral oxide that belongs to the group of spinels. The alternative component of magnesium can replace iron in varying quantities since it forms a solid solution with magnesium chromite (MgCr2O4).